FS MARINE+ technology has been measured by our customer SAL Heavy Lift GmbH and the engine specialist and service company Carl Baguhn Hamburg in dock trials in Hamburg onboard of MV Annette of SAL Heavy Lift GmbH.
OPEX Reduction : 25,00% Gross savings
- 0,60% Electricity (Electrolysis, PLC, etc.)
- 7,60% Methanol
- 0,70% Pressurized Air / Water
OPEX-Reduction : 16,10% Net savings
16,1 % is already very impressive and does not yet even include all additional possible measures for efficiency enhancement that can be achieved capitalizing on the specific benefits of the technology and future expected savings, such as:
- reduced maintenance costs
- reduced lube oil costs due to cleaner combustion
- energy savings for reducing air intake cooling due to “fridge effect” of FS MARINE+
- increase in turbo charger efficiency due to cooler air at intake
- additional costs/ better ROI from rising fuel prices In the future
- less stress on the vessel structure because of less vibrations and smoother engine run
- less wear & tear through cleaner combustion and less soot, etc.
- less turbo charger cleaning due to cleaner exhaust à better voyage planning and better load profiles & less maintenance costs